Friday, July 27, 2012

There is Power in a Wooden Stick

My Little Mister does not eat . . . at all! There are probably lots of parents out there that go through the same thing ever meal time: Eat your pork chop, try some potatoes, just taste this or EAT SOMETHING! Ahhh! Didn't I ever tell you about the starving people in Africa? My mom raved about them when I was a child!


One day we were at a Chinese restaurant having lunch with a friend. I noticed my little guy picked up some chicken on a stick and ATE it! The whole thing! I offered him other things from my plate and he turned his nose up. The next day, I made some chicken, I mean he ate it the day before right? No way. Didn't even touch it. {frustration}!!

Another visit to a Chinese restaurant . . . more chicken on a stick consumed! I thought, there is no way it is the presence of a stick that makes the difference! I mean, it's not like it adds any flavor.

Apparently there must be some kind of appeal. Now I put all kinds of things on a stick. Hey, if he will eat it, why not? I will never understand a 2 year old and I will never underestimate the power of a small wooden stick again!

 
Half the orange.
Use a grapefruit spoon to get the pulp out.
Mix some orange flavored gelatin. (I used a little less water to make it firm)
Pour the liquid in the orange halves.
Set in the frig for at least 8 hours.
Slice them just as you would orange wedges.
Add a small slit with a knife in the peel and insert a popsicle stick.





3 comments:

  1. That is super creative! I love it. I will have to try that with our four 21 month-old toddlers. Please stop by and link this post (and any other arts, crafts and play posts) to Artsy Play Wednesday on Capri + 3. I love that you made the meal into a fun, playful activity.

    : 0 ) Theresa
    http://www.multiples-mom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great solution!! It is amazing how they like certain things. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete