Friday, October 19, 2012

Geometry for Little Hands

This was absolutely my worse subject in High School.
Thought Little Mister would get an early start. HeeHee!
 
We made a simple Geo-board to practice shape identification.
I found a small wooden board at a thrift store and we hammered some nails in it.
Add some rubber bands and see what shapes you can make...
 (Yeah, the thought never crossed my mind to paint it until after we added the nails... then, he was ready to play so we skipped the artistic part.)

Leave it to Little Mister to find a way to make a circle on a square Geo-board!

Can you tell he was so into this!
This has been an educational AND fun tool.
We have carried this thing around for days.
He has taken it everywhere and proudly shows off his talents.
Go geometry skills!!


 The Sunday Showcase Feature

10 comments:

  1. Your geo board looks like lots of fun! It is such a joy watching kids enjoy the learning process! I think learning should always be fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. Your homemade geoboard is really beautiful. I love the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and I know my little man would too because he LOVES shapes. How have I not made him a geoboard yet - duh! The other day, he looked outside and commented on seeing a triangle. I, at first, did not see it and then realized he was looking at the top of a mountain. Yep, that is a triangle. I love the way little ones see the world. Oh-and geometry was also my worst subject in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great way to create shapes and teach some early math skills.

    : 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great activity! Perfect early math FUN! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you again tomorrow =-)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how fun!! So much you can do with a geoboard! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous idea. My preschoolers love our plastic geoboards - this is so much more fun with interesting textures. Featuring this on this week's Sunday Showcase - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what fun. i love to see hand-crafted things like this used to teach in fun ways. thanks so much for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Math is not my favorite/best subject either. This is a crafty way for some geo board fun! Geo boards can be so pricey through stores. Thanks for linking up this week to my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete